Friday, November 27, 2009

Community Medical update on new policy

This just in from Jeanne's Facebook accout...

The news about CMC... Three days following the "promised" day of disclosure I received a call from Dr. Wiesel. I can return to CMC with patients. The only thing that they really changed was that only 1 family member can go in with them to a c/section. This includes doula's, friends, etc. Not sure how flexible they'll be. We (non-credentialed friends, family, doula, midwives,) will have to read and sign a new policy to ensure we're all on the same boat.

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. We had our second birth at the birth center. Both occurred in the tub! Thank you to everyone, from the bottom of my heart, for being so supportive through this whole venture.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been testing the comments, so my apologies for the two "comments removed" as seen above.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another comment, for Jeanne, for testing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just an FYI; I went to the OB ward to visit a patient and actually had a good experience. Nurses that I hadn't seen for a while were happy to see me. My "mugshot" was taken down. They now have a consent form that the patient, nurse and I have to sign so that my role is understood. I can still help with breastfeeding.

    ReplyDelete